The barriers on policies and diffusive administrative procedures have caused many difficulties in the development process not only for small and medium enterprises but also for large enterprises investing in construction sector.
However, since September 15th, when the Decree 100 took effect, simplifying most of the conditions of conditional business investment of 12 industries in construction, housing and real estate sectors. The barriers to investment activities in the construction sector of businesses have been removed and this Decree creates the opportunity for enterprises to participate more deeply in the market in this field.
Up to now, the whole construction industry has proposed to abolish 89 conditions, simplify 94 conditions, maintain 32 conditions out of a total of 215 business investment conditions in the areas of state management of the industry. In particular, the focus is put on reducing the requirements of experience, human resources and fields required to provide practice certificates.
According to the Decree 100, the conditions for being granted construction operation practice certificates are as follows:
– Grade I: Having a university degree in an appropriate major, having experience in jobs suitable to the contents of the application for a practice certificate for 7 years or more;
– Grade II: Having a university degree in an appropriate major, having experience in jobs suitable to the contents of the application for a practice certificate for 4 years or more;
– Grade III: Having appropriate professional qualifications, having experience in jobs suitable to the contents of the application for practice certificates for 2 years or more for individuals with university degrees; 03 years or more for individuals with college or intermediate level.
Also according to the decree, the conditions for being granted construction survey practice certificates are as follows:
– Grade I: Being a construction survey manager in the application fields in at least 01 project of group A or 02 projects of group B or higher or in at least 02 works of grade I or higher or 03 works of grade II or higher.
– Grade II: Being a construction survey manager in the application fields in at least 01 project of group B or 02 projects of group C or higher or in at least 02 works of grade II or higher or 03 works of grade III or higher.
– Grade III: Having participated in construction survey in the application fields in at least 02 projects of group C or 02 projects that require the preparation of economic-technical report or more or at least 02 works from grade III or higher or 03 projects of grade IV or higher.
Answering to the press and media, Ms. Tran Thi Huong, a member of the BOD – Deputy General Director of Infrastructure Investment and Transportation Construction Joint Stock Company (Intracom) said: “In the past, when we applied for a capacity certificate for construction activities, for example, in construction supervision, in order for us to achieve the construction supervisor Grade 1, we had to meet the regulations of having from 10 to 30 employees with a certificate of operation in the field of supervision. However, in the Decree 100 with amendments, the enterprises only need to prove that their key officials have appropriate practice certificates.”
Ms. Tran Thi Huong, a member of the BOD – Deputy General Director of Infrastructure Investment and Transportation Construction Joint Stock Company (Intracom) expresses her views on the Decree 100.
Ms. Huong said: “We assess the Decree 100 as a breath of fresh air for enterprises in construction sector and it simplifies administrative procedures, is more practical but still meets full legal framework so that we can manage as well as develop both the professional qualifications and the size of the businesses. ”
The introduction of the Decree 100 on management of construction investment projects has contributed to administrative reform and simplification of procedures, creating a big boost for enterprises in the construction industry.